Saturday, March 26, 2011

have your cake and eat it

I have been craving my sister's wedding cake for the past 48 hours... Random craving I know, but, it was delisch and I love cake. Especially wedding cake. Anyway, my craving for cake has gotten me thinking about the old saying of "you can't have your cake and eat it too."

I think this is a dumb saying. It doesn't really even make all that much sense. I discussed this with my mama over breakfast this morning and she said it means that you can't have things two ways - as in you can't have the cake and eat it, because once you eat it, it's gone and you no longer have it. I think she also agrees this saying could use a little fine tuning.

Why would I want to have a cake and then not eat it? If it just sits there, it will dry out and not be delicious. Wasted. Cake is baked to be eaten. And as one who is NOT known for my baking skills, I think it is a serious waste to not capitalize on the opportunity to eat some cake. So I have revamped the old saying, I say go forth and enjoy life. Live well, be joyful, and when you have cake, eat it.






No comments:

Post a Comment